Configuring Wireless 2.0 or PSU with Intel Proset Wireless
(Follow these directions AT YOUR OWN RISK)
Important notice: For those who have Intel Proset Wireless installed on their computers, these steps are possible in accessing the Penn State Wireless 2.0. However, in rare occasions, this may also limit the functionality of some machines. Such limitations include, but are not limited to, lack of network connections or disabled wireless on/off switches. Do not proceed with the instructions unless you fully understand and accept the risks.
1. Go to Start Menu and choose Control Panel.
2. Open the Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
3. Search for Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software in the list of installed softwares.
Please note: If you cannot locate this software, please continue to step 12.
4. Click the Intel PROSet/Wireless Wifi Software and hit Change button.
5. When prompted, click Next.
6. Choose Modify and click Next.
7. Click the drop box label as Intel Proset/Wireless WiFi Software.
8. From the drop down menu, select This feature will not be available.
9. Click Next.
10. Allow the software to finish the changes and click Finish.
11. Restart the computer.
12. Go to the Network icon in the right corner of the screen.
13. Connect to psu wireless setup.
14. Open a web browser and type wireless.psu.edu.
15. Choose Penn State Wireless
16. Select Using Wireless 2.0 - No VPN Required
17. Follow the instructions provided by the website.
- Information Technology at Hazleton