There are three video conference rooms at Penn State Hazleton:
1. Library 12
2. Butler 203J
3. Chestnut 102
There are two types of Video Bridge Conferences (more than one location is joining a meeting)
1. Ones that are initiated by University Park or another campus.
The other location has set everything up and all we have to do is book the room and call.
2. Ones that we initiate.
With these we need to contact the video bridge people at University Park and arrange the connection
at https://www.tns.its.psu.edu/Secured/Videosys/videoBridgeReserveForm.cfm. Then schedule the room locally.
You can also connect directly. This means that if you want to connect one-on-one with another location you can do so by either using their locations IP address, or by using the directory on the video conference. With this type of connection you are still responsible for scheduling the room locally.
Video Conference Procedure
1. If you are initiating the video conference:
Initiating a video bridge conference
Initiating a direct one-on-one video conference
Contact and make arrangements with the other location for the video conference. This way all parties involved
know how the video conference meeting will proceed.
2. If you have been invited to a video conference and it has been set up by another group or location.
You should receive a confirmation and email, and so will I. The email will give the date, time, and room
location of the video conference.
3. Whether you have initiated the video conference or invited, at this time in the procedure, you should contact
Room Reservations (3187), to reserve one of the video conference rooms. Usually, if you have been invited
to attend a video conference, room availability has already been checked, but you should still confirm this.
4. If you want assistance for your video conference, you should contact the IT Service Desk, in advance of your date,
requesting someone meet you at the scheduled video conference room.
- Information Technology at Hazleton