Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

How do I make an appointment for counseling?

Call 570-450-3160 to schedule an appointment or stop by the Butler Teaching and Learning Resource Center Room 105. An appointment will be scheduled for you within the next few days. If you feel you or a friend are in danger of harming yourself or someone else, please let us know when you call.


How much does it cost?

Counseling services are provided free of charge to all Penn State Hazleton students. There is a charge for all PAUSE services.


What if I have an emergency after hours or on the weekend?

Northeast Counseling Services is an agency that provides 24-hour emergency coverage in the area. They can be reached at 570-455-6385 and are located at 750 East Broad Street, Hazleton.
In case of an emergency, go directly to the local emergency rooms located at 700 East Broad St., Hazleton, 570-501-4000 or dial 911.


Where are you located?

We are located in the Butler Teaching and Learning Resource Center Room 105.


How long are appointments?

Most appointments are scheduled for one hour. PAUSE (Blue) sessions are usually two hours in length.


What is PAUSE?

Students are referred to the Personalized Alcohol Use Screening & Education Program for a violation of the University Code of Conduct. There are two levels of PAUSE. Please see the PAUSE section for more details.


What are your hours?

We are open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.


Are my services confidential?

Yes. Prior to any information being released, you must sign a written consent stating to whom we can release information and specifically what information we are allowed to release.


What if I want to see a counselor not affiliated with my school?

We can help you find an appropriate professional in the area.


Contact Information 

Debra Jemo-Kobialka
105C Butler Building
Phone: 570-450-3027
Email: duj2@psu.edu