Part of the tuition billing process each semester includes a charge for the Student Activity Fee. The exact rate for the fee is determined annually and all students are charged the fee according to their enrollment status. The purpose of the fee is to provide funds to improve the co curricular environment for students at all campus locations. The following principles guide the administration of the fee:
- Revenue raised will remain at the campus on which it was generated.
- Revenue should not replace current Student Affairs general funds activities monies.
- Money generated by the fee should be used for student activities and issues.
- The student activity fee will not be folded into general tuition funds.
- The funds raised should be allocated by an appropriate student committee or organization on each campus.
- The use of the fee should be public knowledge and made available to students.
Any student, staff or faculty member of the campus community can request activity fee funds. Requests for funds are made on an activity fee proposal form which can be obtained in the Office of Student Affairs or from the Student Government Association.
Activity fee funds at the Hazleton Campus have been used to provide entertainment, educational, social and diversity programming. Funds have also been used for recreation equipment, support of clubs and organizations, orientation and to subsidize the free bus service to the campus.
Questions regarding the Student Activity Fee may be directed to the Director of Student Services and Engagement in the Butler Teaching and Learning Resource Center, Suite 105 or by calling: (570) 450-3160.
- Student Activities