Topics of interest:
Summer Youth Camps --REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR ALL SUMMER YOUTH CAMPS.
Penn State Hazleton's summer camps provide an educational and fun experience to area youth. Campers are challenged with projects, crafts, and activities that lead them to explore exciting new fields. Camp programs and curriculums are continuously being developed to offer new challenges and opportunities in the areas of: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
New for Summer 2015!!
*Send your child half day or full day.
*Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis (call for details and application - 570-450-3110)
*Early drop off and late pick up (8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) for an extra $35.00 per week.
For more information contact:
Penn State Hazleton offers high school students a six week, grade-free course to prepare students for the SAT and ACT. The courses are not designed as cram courses for the tests, but rather to provide information on the current format of the SAT/ACT and to instruct students in test-taking techniques to help them realize their full potential on the test.
SAT Prep Course
SAT Critical Reading, Math, Writing, Essay
Session 1 - Tuesdays/Thursday, September 15 – October 29, 2015
Time: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Course Fee: $299.00 (includes books/materials)
ACT Test Prep Course
ACT Reading, Math, English, Essay, Science
Call for information on schedule (570) 450-3136
Time: 5:00-7:30 p.m.
Course Fee: $250.00 (includes books/materials)
- Familiarity with the current format of the SAT/ACT
- Recommended order for taking the test
- Verbal skills - increase reading comprehension and understanding paired passages
- Copyrighted approached to solving analogy questions
- Essay - strategies and tips
- Math skills - focuses on problem solving methods
- Advantages and disadvantages of guessing
- Ways to reduce the time needed to answer questions
- Scoring of the SAT/ACT and how to compute a score on sample tests
Instructors are approved by Penn State University to teach the SAT and ACT Preparation course and are fully qualified to effectively assist the students in improving their math and verbal skills and test-taking strategies.
- Course materials are practical and relevant for the current SAT/ACT
- Students are given homework assignments between classes
- Sample SAT/ACT exams are given as practice tests
For more information or to register, please contact:
Our Continuing Education Program provides many options to register for classes.
Register by Telephone
Individuals registering by telephone may do so by using their credit card and by calling 570-450-3110
Register by Fax
Click here for printable registration form and fax with credit card information or letter of authorization from your employer/organization to 570-450-3104
Register by Mail
Click here for printable registration form. Complete the form and mail with payment to:
Penn State Hazleton
76 University Drive
Hazleton, PA 18202
Due to demand for courses and camps, advance payment for registration is required no later than one (1) week prior to the first class. Space cannot be held without payment. Cancellations must be received at least three (3) working days prior to the first day of class, or the student will be responsible for the fee. The University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Continuing Education
- Credit Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Noncredit Certificate Programs
- Adult Programs
- Youth Programs
- Professional Development
- Course Schedule
- Practical Nursing
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree in Business
- About Us
- Request Information
- Contact Continuing Education
- Saturday Accelerated BS in Business Degree Program