Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

An individual is considered a transfer student if he/she has earned a high school diploma or the equivalent and has attempted at least 18 semester credits at another post-secondary institution.

Students completing less than 18 credits at another institution are considered for freshman admission but must also submit an official transcript of college coursework.

Transfer applications should be completed as soon as possible.  Your official high school transcript, as well as official transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended should be sent to: The Undergraduate Admissions Office, Pennsylvania State University, 201 Shields Building, Box 3000, University Park, PA 16804-3000

Depending upon your area of interest, you may need to complete specific college-level courses. Please visit the Academic Requirements section of our Web site to view each academic colleges criteria for admission.

Transfer Credits - Prospective students who would like to know whether credits earned at another institution are transferable to Penn State are invited to use the on-line course evaluation guide. This guide is also useful for current students who may be considering taking a summer class at another institution.