ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE FAFSA TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY TYPE OF STUDENT AID.
- The first step for all first-year students throughout the United States is to complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- If you are interested in attending Penn State University, the FAFSA is the ONLY form that needs to be completed when applying for aid.
- Penn State’s federal school code is 003329 for all campuses.
- The FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.gov, it becomes available on January 1st of your senior year. The recommended deadline to have the FAFSA completed for maximum consideration is March 1st
- Hint: Try to complete your federal taxes early. You are permitted to estimate your income information, on the FAFSA, if your taxes are not complete.
- Important Note: If you use estimates, you will be required to either correct your income information on your Student Aid Report or Penn State will request documentation to verify accurate income information. Remember to save signed copies of your tax forms.
Estimating your student financial aid package
- To plan for the costs associated with a college education, you need information about your student financial aid package at Penn State.
- The Early Aid Estimate calculator is available from October through February only.
- Click here for the Early Aid Estimate
222 Administration Building
- Financial Aid Information