Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index


The Admissions Office can answer general questions about the campus, assist with the application process, and setup visits to the campus. 
Students receive information regarding services available to them during New Student Oreintation which occurs during June for PTA students, then later during Welcome Weekend, and First Year Experience.  A variety of academic support services exist on campus for students.  The Charles T. Butler Learning and Resource Center is where students can receive peer tutoring for most courses, study skill instruction and enhancement, a wide variety of study-related workshops related to time management, exam preparation, test anxiety and a writing center. The Office of Disability Service is also located in this area. The goal of this office is to advise students with disabilities and to coordinate the delivery of academic support services.  Math Dimensions which is located in the basement of the library, where students can receive support specifically for math courses.  
While PTA students are advised by the faculty in the program and two additional faculty members, the campus does have professional advisers and a career counselor located in the basement of the Administration Building as additional resources should the student want to pursue another degree or change majors.  The campus Registrar is located in this area as well to assist with other academic needs such as transcripts, change of campus, etc.
The campus has Counseling and Psychological Services that provide group and individual counseling and crisis intervention as well as prevention and consultation services for the University community.  The Health Service Office on Campus offers primary care (sick visits), as well as specialized health services to the campus community.
Penn State students receive the following four types of student aid: grants, scholarships, loans, and work study. Each type of student aid contains several individual programs. Grants are based solely on financial need and have no requirement of repayment. They may come from the Federal government, the state or the University. To be considered for a grant, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The office of Student Aid can guide students through the process of applying for financial aid.  The Bursar's Office can answer any questions regarding the financial status of a student account.
Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement. For many University scholarships, financial need is an additional criterion of eligibility. There is no repayment requirement.
•    University Scholarships These are awarded on the basis of superior high school or college academic performance. In most cases, documented financial need is also a requirement.
•    Non-University Scholarship Various local service groups, organizations, schools, and industries offer scholarships to college students. Students are encouraged to research these possibilities by visiting the main Student Aid website www.psu.edu/studentaid, Office of Student Aid, or the Admissions Office at Penn State Hazleton.

Loans are low-interest awards that must be repaid after students terminate their studies at the University.
•    General Stafford Loan Stafford loans are available to all students. There are two types of Stafford Loans: subsidized and unsubsidized. Subsidized loans mean the Federal government is subsidizing (or paying for) loan interest while students are in school and meeting the other requirements of the loan. Unsubsidized loans are loans that will not have the government pay for the interest while students are in school. Receiving a subsidized or unsubsidized loan depends on financial need. For more information about Stafford loans, see www.studentaid.psu.edu/types-of-aid/loans/stafford
•    PLUS Loan This is a parent-only application for loan money. Students must be enrolled for at least half-time (6 or more credits) and must be a dependent student in order for parents to qualify for this loan. For more information about the PLUS loan, see studentaid.psu.edu/types-of-aid/loans/parent-PLUS
•    Alternative Loans Students who have unmet aid and do not qualify for a PLUS Loan can apply for an alternative loan. For more information about alternative loans, see http://studentaid.psu.edu/types-of-aid/loans/private-alternative

Work study is awarded based upon the financial need of the student.  Work study earnings are not applied directly to the semester bill; students receive a pay check.  For more information about work study see http://studentaid.psu.edu/types-of-aid/employment/work-study.


Dr. Rosemarie Petrilla, Program Coordinator & Senior Instructor 
7 D Physical Education Building
Phone: 570-450-3042 
Email: rxp21@psu.edu

Dr. Christine Shatto,  Instructor
7C Physical Education Building
Phone:  570-450-3052
Email:  cms72@psu.edu


Dr. Gina Tarud, Instructor
7 B Physical Education Building
Phone: 570-450-3043
Email: gmt12@psu.edu


PTA Program Support Staff

Randall Shatto,  PTA Lab Supervisor
7 A Physical Education Building
Phone: 570-450-3044
Email: rrs5149@psu.edu


Michele Yanuzzi, Administrative Support Assistant 
7 A Physical Education Building
Phone: 570-450-3038
Email: mmy3@psu.edu