REGISTRATION FOR THE ADVISING PORTION OF NSO BEGINS JUNE 1ST.
At the Hazleton campus you will be invited to attend a FULL-DAY of NSO in mid-late June. The invitations will be mailed by the end of May via a letter AFTER your NSO placement tests are completed. You are strongly encouraged to keep your calendar free during this time so that you can attend your assigned NSO day. Your families are encouraged to attend this day with you.
This Advising Day program:
- Provides you with an understanding of your academic preparation and abilities as compared to other Penn State students.
Provides you with a one-on-one interview with a NSO advisor. During this interview, you will discuss your educational plans and the characteristics of those cademic programs in which you have expressed an interest.
- Familiarizes you with the academic structure of Penn State and with the wide range of degree programs available.
- Provides you with a Penn State Student ID. You will need to bring valid photo identification with you on your assigned NSO day. A driver's license, state issued ID or Passport will do (high school IDs are NOT accepted). Please keep your new Penn State Student ID with you at all times during your NSO Advising Day.
- Provides you with a Penn State Computer Access Account. As you will see during the program, your computer access account is very important. On your NSO day, you will use your account for on-line registration.
- Acquaints you with the Hazleton campus, our procedures, our staff, and our out-of-class environment.
- Helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study. Course selection is done via individual meetings and is for students only.
- Advising Information